Mission, Vision and Values
Who We Are: ICPA’s Aims for Advancing Professional Corrections
- To promote and share ethical and effective correctional practices to enhance public safety and healthier communities world-wide
- To be the recognized leader for the advancement of professional and humane corrections and prisons world-wide
- Effective community corrections and the use of imprisonment only as a last resort;
- Integrity and professionalism;
- The sharing of ideas, knowledge, values and experience and working in partnership;
- The capacity of individuals to change for the better and the need to support them;
- The dignity of all individuals and the duty to protect their rights.
- To maintain ICPA as an innovative, learning organization, promoting and disseminating good practice;
- To enhance co-operation between regions, countries, public, private and voluntary sectors involved in corrections and prisons;
- To develop and promote policies and standards for professional and humane corrections and prisons;
- To influence governments, policy-makers and the public to adopt humane and effective correctional policies and practices and assist in their implementation.
The Way Forward: How we aim to deliver value to members through our events, training and knowledge sharing
- Delivering world class conferences and events
- Facilitating transformational correctional leadership training;
- Facilitating the implementation of evidence-based offenders interventions.
Our Strategic Focal Points: Key Areas of Focus in our Activities
- Reducing Reoffending
- Effective Community Corrections
- Investing in Staff
- Offender Population-Specific Strategies
- Enabling Strategies
Read our Business Plan 2020-22 for more detail on our strategic focus and key activities for the coming period: Business Plan 2020-22