Art and Prison’s 4th International Art Competition
“Between here and there” is the theme of the fourth international art competition . Art is a universal language that connects people. You can “between here and there” build bridges. It can also highlight the demolition of commonality. It sets the imagination The spectrum of what we commonly call “good or evil”, “free or unfree”, “guilty or not” “The” freedom of art “is filled with life, and it opens up inner spaces that do not exist Grid more.
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Deadline : June 30, 2017
Patronage : Donata Baroness Schenck zu Schweinsberg, Vice-President of the German Red Cross
Terms of Participation
- Men, women, young adults and young people who are present at the time of the imprisonment, in open execution, in detention pending or in the execution of the measure may participate.
- The works submitted must have been produced during this period.
- The works submitted may not yet be shown in a public exhibition and have not yet been reproduced in a publication.
- Only one work can be submitted per participant.
- Drawings, paintings and graphics can be submitted which do not exceed a size of 60 x 80 cm, if possible framed or with passepartout, with canvas with hanging possibility.
- An international jury is responsible for the selection and awards of the award winners. The decision of the jury is binding. The legal process is excluded.
- A donation is made with his or her assignment.
Postal address for the consignments
Art and Prison eV, Wrangelstrasse 51 – D – 10997 Berlin, Germany
Marking of the works
- Name of the participant
- Nationality of the participant
- Country and name of the detention center with address
- Contact person in the institution
- Title of the work
- Size specification
- Specification of technology
- Date of the application
- No participation fees
- In the justified case, the procurement of material can be assisted
- Transport costs and port charges are not accepted
- Assessment criteria: originality, implementation of the theme, design quality
- International jury chaired by art historian and art critic Dr. Peter Lodermeyer
- The legal process against the jury decision is excluded. The decision of the jury will be communicated to the participants as well as publicly announced
- Renate Christin, chairman of the Kunstverein Graz and artist, Regensburg
- Prof. Dr. Tamara Kudrjawzewa, Moscow Gorky Institute for World Literacy, Moscow
- Gabriela Lademacher, art historian, Frankfurt and Berlin
- Dr. Peter Lodermeyer, art historian and art critic, Bonn (chairman)
- Michael Mendl, Actor, Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Rainer Vollkommer, Director of the Liechtenstein National Museum, Vaduz (Liechtenstein)
- Yvonne to Dohna Schlobitten, Professor of Art History, Gregoriana Rome
- First prize: €1,000
- Second price: €500
- Third prize: €300
- Fourth to tenth prize: €100
For more information and to enter CLICK HERE