- Joining Us
- Events and Projects
- Contact Us
Mr Blanco, born in Buenos Aires in 1980, graduated in Law in Argentina, specializing in Criminal Law. He is the current National Director of the Federal Prison Service of Argentina, and Director of the Institute of Criminology of the Federal Prison Service.
He has vast experience in prison management and administration, having previously worked as the Head of the Advisory Team to the SPF’s National Director and the Undersecretary of Prison Management. He has also provided services as a legal advisor to the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights on different programmes. Additionally, he has worked as a consultant in different countries (Uruguay, Guatemala, Panama, Paraguay, etc) on matters relating to treatment, reducing reoffending, protecting the public, and managing prison services.
Under his leadership, the Argentine Federal Prison Service has developed:
– Anticorruption policies,
– A new theoretic criminological overview
– Violence Reduction Service: (lowest death rate in SPF´s history 30,09%)
– Natural Disaster Management Policy
– Staff programs and salary policies
He teaches and researches in applied criminology and comparative prison law. He has published several papers:
– as author and co-author different works, such as Reducing Deaths in Custody; Comparative Prison Systems; In our Way to an Initial Risk Classification and Risk- and Need-Based Assessment System; Transnational Organized Crime in the Prison Setting; Management Models, and Work Environment in the Prison Setting, Reducing Disaster Risks in the Prison Setting, among others.