- Joining Us
- Learning Academy
- Events and Projects
- Contact Us
The 2016 Annual Virtual Conference hosted by the National Institute of Corrections (NIC) is a dynamic platform for sharing information with the field of corrections in a virtual online setting. The purpose of this year’s conference will be to share current and emergent innovations in correctional practice through a keynote address, workshops, interactive LiveChat, networking, discussion forums, and virtual information booths. This year’s theme is ‘Leading with Innovation’ and we are looking for the nation’s best practitioners to share their work and submit presentations.
The goals of the conference are to:
1) Inform the field regarding breaking trends, issues, and solutions in corrections.
2) Demonstrate the link between theory and research to practical applications in the field.
3) Create opportunities for corrections professionals to network with each other.
The Conference will go live November 9, 2016 from 10:00 AM ET to 2:00 PM ET.
· All workshops will be 45-50 minutes in length, including a 10- to 15-minute question–and-answer component.
· All live workshops will be recorded and all workshops will be posted on the NIC website/Learning Center after November 9, 2016.
· Presenter(s) will answer questions via chat during presentations and respond to questions posted on forums regarding their presentation.
For more information CLICK HERE