3rd International Correctional Research Symposium
- Event Start Date:
- 12th May 2020
- Event End Date:
- 14th May 2020
- Event Theme:
- MOTIVATION AND WELL-BEING OF CORRECTIONAL STAFF: HOW THEY MATTER AND WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?
- Porto, Portugal
3RD INTERNATIONAL CORRECTIONAL RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM
“MOTIVATION AND WELL-BEING OF CORRECTIONAL STAFF: HOW THEY MATTER AND WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?”
Take part in the third edition of the international Correctional Research Symposium in May 2020. In collaboration with ICPA, EuroPris and CEP, and with the support of the Directorate-General of Reintegration and Prison Services (DGRPS), this next event will take place in Porto, Portugal.
Event Date: 12-14 May 2020
The Symposium aims to elaborate on questions, such as:
- When (and how) do correctional staff in Prison and Community Services over the world work at their best?
- What are the challenges and difficulties of correctional work – in prisons and in the community? What are the outcomes for staff?
- Can we give examples of outstanding correctional staff? What difference can they make in offender rehabilitation? What is the evidence base?
- Are there environments or types of leadership that can support staff well-being and increase motivation?
- How do staff working in corrections innovate, or work creatively, to achieve good outcomes?
- What supports correctional staff in their work? What supports them best in managing increasing complexity? Is more training the answer? How can corrections staff successfully navigate job related stress?
- Can we give examples of excellent workforce development?
- What strategies are used to recruit, retain and reward staff?
- Where are the gaps in research?