- Joining Us
- Learning Academy
- Events and Projects
- Contact Us
This issue of Criminological Highlights addresses the following questions:
1. Why is it in the public interest to allow people to free themselves from their criminal records?
2. What kinds of events are likely to cause an increase in police use of force in dealing with ordinary citizens?
3. Do highly informed citizens think that sentences are too lenient?
4. What can be done to create more smoothly running prisons?
5. What is the first step that cities should take to prepare for events that might involve citizen protests?
6. Do transfers to adult court hurt youths’ life chances?
7. How accurate are predictions of future intimate partner violence?
8. Can crime be stopped by increasing the likelihood of apprehension?
(422.51 KB) | 11. October 2017 | Author: Centre for Criminology and Sociolegal Studies, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, CanadaDownload