The EDUPRIS Project
AIM of the project
- Improving the learning outcomes of education in juvenile settings through the direct and active promotion of inclusive learning environments.
- Improving the management of teaching & learning professionals in the juvenile justice system in the partner countries and at European level supporting teachers, educators and leaders of educational institutions in dealing with and reinforcing socio-economic diversity in the learning environment of the criminal justice for children and youth.
- A practical method to work with children and youngsters, under the form of a manual for teachers.
- The European Community Passport toolbox, which is a very concrete box of auxiliary materials, games, pictures, small objects, to be used in evaluation and implementation of learning contexts.
- A support mechanism for teachers and professionals from both justice and education that interact with children and youth correctional settings (competencies, and youth in self-development tools, practice, materials).
- A practice for the professionals to put on the public agenda the needs of their clients and to push for a change at European level in connecting education with justice to safeguard an inclusive learning environment, with no exclusion and marginalization
Impact of the project
- Consistent progress in the professionalization of correctional and juvenile justice education.
- Opening of the prison / detention alternative detention settings towards the lifelong learning culture.
- Measurable increase in the quality of juvenile justice teaching and the interest of teachers towards working with minor young offenders using focused methods to create inclusive learning environments.
- Better equipped teachers in navigating the first days of working in juvenile justice settings.
- Better learning outcomes for children and youngsters with higher chances of successful education.
West University of Timisoara – UVT
Gherla Prison -PGCJ
Universita Degli Studi di Sassari- UNISS
Stichting foundation ICPA Office in Europe
Association ARID- ARID
Centrul Pentru Promovarea Invatarii Permanente – CPIP
Pontifical University of John Paul II – UPJP II
Aproximar, Cooperativa de Solidariedade Social, CRL – APROXIMAR
Merseyside Expanding Horizons – MEH
Find more about the project: www.edupris.eu
Need Analysis Report
Published on 3 July 2020