The Fifth Issue of Volume 17 of Criminological Highlights – November 2018 is now Available!
The eight papers that are summarized in this issue address the following questions:
- What kinds of police activities suppress voter turnout?
- How are people affected by police shootings of unarmed civilians?
- Are politicians right when they suggest that higher rates of pretrial detention would reduce crime?
- Who benefits from high concentrations of immigrants in a neighbourhood?
- When punishments are decreased in a jurisdiction and crime goes up, is it possible to determine whether one caused the other?
- How good are people at evaluating forensic science evidence in court?
- Should restorative justice conferences be used with youths charged with crimes?
- Does it matter where accused people sit in court during their trials?